Thursday, September 25, 2008

Featured Artist: Eddyizm

Featured Artist: Eddyizm

I was relaxing one evening in the chat rooms when I first fell in love with the photography of our featured artist eddyizm. I was perusing through different shops when his incredible talent stopped me for over a half hour! So, I do have to warn you--don't click on his shop unless you have time to loose yourself in his digital world!


1. Tell me about yourself

Hi, my name is Eduardo Cervantes, but I also go by eddyizm in this digital world of ours. I am currently falling in love with a girl and have been falling in love with life as of my more recent years. I am 32 and a Capricorn.

2. Tell me about your art and anything that is new and in the "works"!

I just bought my first SLR less than 2 years ago and have been learning and shooting and printing and editing and learning and making lots of mistakes and taking crappy frames and finding wonderful magic since then. Photography has truly become my passion for life, adventure, travel, outdoors as well as the technical aspect and the enjoyment of others reactions. I do what I do because I enjoy it, because it makes my life complete and because I love the chance to share a part of what is inside of me, with someone else.

I just finished wrapping up 2007 and even though September is about to end, I just began posting my 2008 galleries. I have been shooting so much that I have a serious backlog but intend to catch up shortly. Coming up this year are trips to Joshua tree national park, Mt Rainer national park, Olympic national park, Grand Canyon national park, San Diego zoo, sea world, and many many more.

3. What is the best and worst think about owning your own business/working for yourself?

I don't really own my own business, but I sell prints, shoot portraits, weddings and also cover events. The best part is that I love what I do even if I wasn't paid, I would still walk out with my camera and shoot. It’s definitely for the love, not the money.

4. What is the story behind your brand?

My brand? Well, I guess my name has been around since 1999 roughly, back when there was no myspace ;-) my website portfolio houses over 1,400 images in over 100+ galleries. As they say, I let my photos do the talking...

5. How are you gearing up for the holiday season?

I have a lot of prints ready to go, lots of custom sizes and great selection of images, from flowers to animals to scenic deserts to lush rain forests and gritty urban decay along with eerie ghost towns. I would be surprised if you could not find something you liked in my shop.

6. Tell about one time you have been "caught RED handed"

I plead the 5th. Let’s just say it involved the police I WAS YOUNG ! ;-)

7. Secret Sale!

"Eddyizm is offering a Secret Sale to all of our blog readers! Include the following message in the note to the seller box during checkout and you will receive 25% off your total purchase(excluding shipping).

CRH Blog reader! Please discount my purchase 25%!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This artist has got some incredible prints. Ms.CaughtREDHanded, can we get some of his prints for our new house?

eddyizm said...

lol, this is great! of course you can, but you have convince CRH ;-) maybe some roses are in order

Becca Nelson said...

Great feature! I LOVE these photos. Great blog. :)

erin, maker of chimes said...

Oh wow, these pics are amazing!