Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Revamping My Blog. . . and My Life

It has been a while since I have taken the time to write a blog post and even longer since I have written about something in my life other than jewelry or being an independent artist. With that thought, I begin this article and a brand new journey in my life.

I have been so blessed to be 27 and have most of my dreams come true. I have married a man I love and am more in love with every day and started a successful business that I adore. I have spent the last 5 years pouring everything I have into making CaughtREDhanded a career that I love, a business that would help financially support my husband and I, and a job that would allow me to stay home with our future children. I have always known that I wanted to stay home with my children, if I would be so blessed to have any, but I also knew that was not going to be "enough" for me. Though I aspired to be a mom and a wife, I also had a desire for a career. I guess my desire was to have it all, the best of both worlds. But does anyone ever really get it all?

On October 5th of 2009 my son Sebastian was born and I guess you could say my quest to have it all began. I was a new mom who owned a business. Heaven, I thought, right? It turns out reality was quickly bearing down on my big dreams and big plans. I was smack dab in the middle of Christmas jewelry season, breastfeeding a newborn, 600 miles from family, and getting zero sleep. Was this the dream I had been so long preparing for? Had I been dreaming about holding baby in one hand while I super glued my finger to a pendant on the other? Why is this not working out like I had planned? Oh, I had it all alright. Now when can I start giving some of it back?!

It has been 3 months now and things are starting to calm down and fall back into place. Christmas season is behind us and I can now look a little farther into the future. I am even beginning to dream about more than just sleep again. My dreams may be changing, and my plans might be changing with them but everyday I wake up thankful and blessed that God has allowed me to "have it all".

So, as the days and months go on there will be a lot more articles about jewelry and secret sales but there will also be a little of it all mixed in.

xoxo

Amy


2 comments:

Jim G said...

Mrs. caughtREDhanded,

It's your husband writing. It's been a great journey these past few months, and I'm glad we're on the other end of it. So proud of you and love you so much!

Anonymous said...

The first 3 months are the hardest and those are already behind you! Motherhood gets much more fun after this! It's really hard at first but then just gets easier and easier and you fall in love with your baby more and more every day! Congratulations!